Which is fine, except that Marty actually travels to 2015 in the film. Someone seems to have manipulated the image and then sent it around the world today. Strange.
Anyway, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. 2015 is only five years away: how close is modern society to the world that Marty McFly finds? Here are five things the film got right:
- Watching multiple TV channels on the same screen
- CCTV everywhere
- Video billboards (although not yet in 3D or see-through)
- Everyone having plastic surgery
- A baseball team in Miami (this happened in 1997)
- "Queen Diana", as mentioned on a news headline. (Guess they thought that this was a safe prediction - although QE2 may still be reigning over us in 2015).
- Flying cars
- Self-drying clothes that shrink to fit us perfectly and self-tie shoes
- No obese Americans all over the place (or is that just Hollywood?)
- Hoverboards. This is my biggest disappointment with the film's predictions.